Slovenian Immigration Law rules out two methods of obtaining Slovenian citizenship by foreigners - repatriation and naturalization. The repatriation program allows you to obtain Slovenian passport in less than 1 year. The standard procedure for registering citizenship - naturalization - takes about 10 years and requires the applicant to reside in the country permanently on legal basis, be proficient in state language and to give up the current passport.
Citizenship Act of the Republic of Slovenia (ZDRS)
The competent authority may, if it is in accordance with the national interest, freely admit to the citizenship of the Republic of Slovenia the Slovenian emigrant and his descendant up to the fourth knee in a straight line, provided that he / she actually lives in the Republic of Slovenia for at least one year before applying alien and if he fulfills the conditions from points 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 of the first paragraph of Article 10 of this Act.
Article 10 of this Act.
The competent authority may freely admit the person requesting naturalization to the citizenship of the Republic of Slovenia if it is in accordance with national interest. In doing so, a person must meet the following conditions:
1. that she is 18 years of age;
2. that he / she has a discharge from his / her current citizenship or that he / she will prove that he / she will be granted if he / she is accepted into citizenship of the Republic of Slovenia;
3. that he has actually lived in Slovenia for 10 years, of which continuously for the last 5 years prior to the submission of the application and has the status of a foreigner;
4. that he has the means provided that provide him and his or her dependents with material and social security;
5. to be fluent in the Slovene language for everyday communication purposes, as evidenced by a certificate of passing the Slovene proficiency examination at the basic level;
6. that she has not been the subject of a final sentence of unconditional imprisonment exceeding three months, or that she has not been sentenced to a suspended sentence of imprisonment of more than one year;
7. that she has not been pronounced cancellation of residence in the Republic of Slovenia;
8. that its admission to citizenship of the Republic of Slovenia does not pose a threat to public order, security or defense of the country;
9. that he or she has tax obligations settled;
10. To take the oath of respect for the free democratic constitutional order, which is enshrined in the Constitution of the Republic of Slovenia.
Applicants can apply under their roots up to 4th generation with evidence proof;
Living means a connection with Slovenia for a year;
Also proof English test, lawyer firm is an assessment centre, during the 5 days visit, he will provide basic Slovenian course after that a certificate will be issued.